Managed Service Qualifier
If you could snap your fingers and make a wish to improve the IT services you currently use, what would your wish be?
Corporate Administrator to VCIO
Employment Status: Permanent Full Time (Mon. – Fri.)
Location: Winkler MB, Portage MB, or Winnipeg MB
Start Date: Immediate
If you are serious about building your career, consider a position at SolutionsIT. SolutionsIT is hiring a VCIO assistant. This is a position that supports our VCIO’s in their duties as they interact with client decision makers, boards, and other C level employees. This is not a hands-on technical position, but does require the ability to speak to technological trends, and understand the ramifications of different IT strategies within different organizations. As an assistant position, the individual in this position has the potential to elevate to a VCIO position in her/his career path.
This position involves:
• Assisting the VCIO in IT strategic planning on behalf of clients
• Assisting in the design and implementation of IT roadmaps.
• Assisting in the creation and managing of IT budgets.
• Working with Project Managers to keep timelines intact
• Report generation for VCIO, keeping the VCIO informed on relevant metrics and issues
• Handling communications on behalf of the VCIO
• Handling internal process on behalf of the VCIO.
• Overseeing the service delivery as provided by SolutionsIT
• Staying informed with current IT trends, and how they apply to different business scenarios.
• Professional communications and interpersonal skills.
• A strong understanding of various business models and business principles.
Ideal assets and skills
• A diploma in Technology Management, related education, or related experience.
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Advanced abilities with Microsoft Office.
• Ability to communicate IT concepts to non technical individuals.
• Business management experience or a strong business background would be a benefit.
• Hands on IT administration experience would be a benefit.
• The ability to travel.
Training is provided and a candidate with good potential and less experience may be considere.